- 1st: Identified Common Core State Standards (CCSS) to our Course - The CCSS were identified from the Mastery Connect app.
- 2nd: Determined Power Standards - After careful scrutiny, the crucial or Power Standards were determined to be the Standards on which our learning would focus. The other Standards were used as supporting ones.
- 3rd: Sequenced Power Standards - The Power Standards were listed in an order where our Learners could see the connections or relationships between them or how the Standards built on the ones prior.
- 4th: Separated into meaningful Units - The Power Standards were broken into nine (9) meaningful chunks or Units and were organized on a Trello Board. This image is filtered to only show the Power Standards, though the link is the entire Board for our Algebra 1 course.
- 5th: Identified lessons or relevant sub-divisions of Units - Each Standard has lessons created for support since several learning activities are often needed to develop a Standard.
- 6th: Sequenced lessons to build upon background knowledge - The lessons were then ordered or sequenced in a way to hope to provide ideal connections, relevance, and understanding to our Learners.
- 7th: Aligned lessons to days that our class meets - Since our block scheduling has classes only meeting every other day, the lessons were aligned to calendar dates. On each date, I attached links to our "What Do You Notice?" Trello Board to jumpstart the learning for that class. Each day also has a link to our Class Practice. Somedays we'll launch Formative as our new Formative Assessing tool.
- 8th: Launched AppSheet and specified Google sheet containing lessons - Finally, I went to AppSheet and launched the browser. I indicated I wanted to create a new app. I specified the Google sheet as my data source and AppSheet did the rest!
It was actually that streamlined. AppSheet has a great deal of functionality and customization available so you can design and develop an app quickly, but enhance as you go. There is a very helpful community on Google+. Check them out!